You’ve Gotta Come To Jesus ChristDr Myles Munroe singing “Brand New World” in South Africa.
Myles Munroe, OBE (20 April 1954 – 9 November 2014) was a Bahamian Evangelical Christian evangelist and ordained Pentecostal minister who founded and led the Bahamas Faith Ministries International (BFMI) and Myles Munroe International (MMI). He was chief executive officer and chairman of the board of the International Third World Leaders Association and president of the International Leadership Training Institute as well as the author of numerous books.
Munroe died with his wife and 8 others in a private plane crash on 9 November 2014.
Early life and education
Born Myles Egbert Munroe in 1954 in Nassau, Bahamas, Munroe grew up poor in a family of eleven children. Raised in the Nassau suburb of Bain Town, he was a life-long resident of the Commonwealth. Munroe became a Christian during his teenage years, later attending Oral Roberts University (ORU) where he received his Bachelor of Fine Arts, Education, and Theology in 1978 and a Master’s degree in administration from the University of Tulsa in 1980. Munroe was also the recipient of honorary doctoral degrees from various schools of higher education and served as an adjunct professor of the Graduate School of Theology at ORU.
His wife, Ruth Munroe, served as co-pastor with him at BFMI. Together, the couple had two children, Myles, Jr. (known as Chairo), and a daughter, Charisa.
Following his graduation from the University of Tulsa, Munroe founded Bahamas Faith Ministries International in the early 1980s.
Munroe and his wife were killed in a private plane crash during airport approach on 9 November 2014. Bahamian officials stated their aircraft struck a crane at a ship yard near Grand Bahama International Airport. Munroe and the other passengers were en route to Freeport, Grand Bahama for a conference.
Awards and honours
- 1998: OBE for “services to religion”.
- 1998: Bahamian “Silver Jubilee Award” for service to the Bahamas in the area of “spiritual, social and religious development”.
- 2004: “Alumnus of the Year”,Oral Roberts University.
Munroe was the author and coauthor of numerous books and Biblical-related study guides as well as a featured speaker on motivational and Bible-study recordings.
- Myles Munroe on Relationship
- Pass it On
- Kingdom Principles: Preparing for Kingdom Experience and Expansion
- Rediscovering the Kingdom
- The Most Important Person on Earth
- Understanding Your Potential
- Waiting and Dating
- The Spirit of Leadership
- The Principles and Power of Vision
- Understanding the Purpose and Power of Prayer
- Understanding the Purpose and Power of Woman
- Understanding the Purpose and Power of Men
- God’s Big Idea
- Overcoming The Crisis
- Principles and Benefits of Change
- Releasing Your Potential
- Purpose and Power of Praise and Worship
- Purpose and Power of Love and Marriage